The Continuing Obama IRS Scandal
< < Go Back
The facts we know today:
We know the IRS purposely stonewalled the approval of non-profit applications from Tea Party and other conservative groups seeking tax exempt status, using the flag, BOLO, “be on the lookout”.
We know the BOLO criteria included:
- whether Tea party patriots or 9/12 Project was referenced in the case file
- Whether the issues outlined in the application included government spending and/or government debt or taxes,
- whether there was advocating or lobbying to “make America a better place”,
- whether a statement in the case file criticized how the country is being run,
- whether it advocated education about the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
How bad was the oppression? Nearly 500 groups were targeted. Over a 27 month period not a single Tea Party type organization received tax exempt status.
We have also learned that on top of the Tea Party assault, conservative groups and activists were audited and that contrary to law, the IRS disclosed confidential taxpayer information to Obama supporters and opponents of conservatives.
Was this imply a case of retribution against enemies? NO! This is much bigger than political payback.
This is a scandal for the ages.
More From Judicial Watch: